|Forum Home > Sewing > How to make your own underwears - Panties|
You need to measure :
A --- hip (where your underwear's hip)
B --- underwear's length (measure from front through between your legs to the back). You decide how high of your underwear raise
C --- Thigh round (measure around your thigh but make it angle from bottom to your hip)
Here is how to design and cut on sketching paper
1. Fold in half . From folding line measure 1/4 of your hip measurement (A) minus (-) movements (usually 2--3cm) . You have EE'
2. From top of folding line measure down EF
2.1 Back piece : 1/2 of underwear length (B) minus (-) 3cm
2.2 Front piece : 1/2 of underwear length (B) plus (+) 3cm
3. From F draw 90 degree line, measure FF' = 1/10 of B
4. From E measure down on folding line EG = 3 --- 6 cm or depends on how big of side's width ( my panties here is 5.5cm) .
5. From G draw 90 degree line, measure GG' = 1/4 of A
6. Connect F' to G' :
6.1 Back piece : F'G'
6.2 Front piece :
6.2.1 mark the center of F'G' you have K, and draw a line from E to K, measure KK' = 1/3 of EK
6.2.2 mark on folding line from F : FJ = 1/3 of EF. From J draw 90 degree line and measure JJ' = FF' - 1 or 2 cm
6.2.3 Draw a curve line from F' through J' , K' to G' (F'J'K'G').
6.2.4 Cut a piece of lining the same size with the bottom part of front piece.
7. There's a trick here when cutting: leave 0.5cm seam allowance except the bottom of the back piece. From F point on folding line lengthen it down 0.5cm to 1 cm plus 0.5cm seam allowance. The bottom line will be a curve line
Try this and tell me what you think
More than just sewing - Cloudyhn
MORE THAN JUST SEWING.... Cloudyhn